Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Walking funny today... go figure

As yesterday progressed, I really started to feel those squats. I definitely felt them when I woke up this morning. And then guess what?

BAM! This showed up.

I hate wall balls. Seriously. #crossfit #wod


I knew my legs would not appreciate this WOD, basically one long (relatively) torture session of the same motion. Great.

Last week, I had a 2RM of 90# thrusters. So to do them in a metcon, I figured out 65% of that, which equals 58.5. Ok, sounds doable... so I grab a midget bar (23#) and throw a pair of 15# bumpers on. I wussed out and didn't add the last 5# to make it an even 58#. Thank god!

I got through the first 20 thrusters okay. They were hard, but I managed to pump out all 20 unbroken. I knew, though, that would not be happening in the next sets.

The wall balls were a different story. More along the lines of do some. Do some more. Do some more. Almost there. Finished.

Then back to thrusters. I was so tired at the end of the first round that I didn't even rack the bar. So now I had to clean it off the floor. Not horrible just... blah. I did the second and third round of these in sets of five.

And let me tell you... the last set of thrusters was HARD. For reals.

My time: 8:39

I was one of the last few people to finish. Which I think sucks, except for that I was one of the only girls to use any sort of weight that pushed my limits. I'm glad I did. It's helping me grow and realize that I am stronger than I think.

Needless to say, I am now walking funny because my quads, hamstrings, and hip flexors are all sore. Oh well, at least I can say that I did something today. I lifted heavy weights. How bout you?

Since CF and Paleo are pretty much taking over my life... I don't really post a lot on my personal blog. Eh. I like this one much better. I thought I would start sharing some photos of my day with whoever (if anyone) reads this thing.

*All pics are mine and usually taken with my phone using instagram... you can tell the ones that I take with my dslr, they're much nicer looking*

Lunch: sweet potato hash and chicken sausage. Mmm. #primal #paleo

Today's lunch: sweet potato hash and chicken sausage from Costco.


Then I fried up some #paleo/#primal friendly chicken sausage for lunch tomorrow with my leftover bacon fat. Seriously, if you are even thinking of starting a paleo life... do it!! It's amazing. And soooo tasty!

Sausage cooking last night in some leftover bacon fat


Dinner tonight: Seafood stew. #paleo #primal

Last night's dinner: seafood stew from Everyday Paleo. Mmm


Bacon wrapped almond stuffed date. Mmm #paleo. #primal

Also with dinner, the recipe of the week from CFEV. Bacon wrapped, almond-stuffed dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment