Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oh (cr)happy day!

**Sorry this post is late. I went home, cooked dinner, and passed out til this morning. At least I feel a bit better.**

Today is not one of my best days. Woke up tired... I think because someone else was hogging the bed, plus I had to get up twice(!) to pee. Apparently, staying hydrated will do that to ya. Plus, I was just achy enough from yesterday's ring pullups to feel it.

Nevertheless, made it to the box for this:

Good times... add in 3x3 of heavy push press and deadlifts before it as well. #crossfit #wod

But that's not it. Due to the fact that it's a relativel short wod, Casey added in some strength before we started. Not that I would mind. I live for strength. Unfortunately, a heavy strenth session before this wod has left my entire body aching for the remainder of the day. I also forgot my fish oil this morning... everything is just against me.

The unseen strength portion included 3x3 of heavy deadlifts and push press. I started with the deadlifts. My three "heavy" sets were at 165, 175, 185. 165 isn't too bad for me. Don't ask me to bust out more then 10 of those though. I was happy with getting the 185 with good form and rhythm for all the reps. A couple months ago, my 1RM was 180. Constant improvements even if you're not working that specific skill. It's what I love about CrossFit.

I didn't go so heavy with the push press due to my shoulders being achy. After warmups, I did 75, 85, and 95. I wanted to get to 100, but really I was just too lazy to add the extra plates when we were already close to the actual wod starting. Maybe next time.

Tabata is tabata. I don't think anyone actually cheers for doing tabata. After the first round it sucks the rest of the time. Here's the breakdown of my sets:

Pullups: 12-6-5-4-4-4-5-5
Burpees: 5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
Situps: 11-10-10-10-10-10-10-10

Hey, at least I was consistent in my pacing of the burpees and the situps. 4 seconds to do a single burpee. Does that sound slow to anyone? I don't think I ever timed myself on them before, but I feel like they should go slightly faster than that. On the pullups, I felt great the first round and then immediately ran out of gas. Looking back, I think that needed better pacing. It was a battle for each pullups after the first round. My arms and hands just did not want to be hanging from the bar.

A good day at the box. I really liked the strenth and the metcon portioning. My body definitely feels it too, even though I wish it didn't feel it quite as much. Tomorrow is going to be another challenge to get through. I'll just hope for less shoulder involving exercises. Ha!

Whole30 day 23. Dinner. What do you make when your lazy and feeling blah? Burgers!! Yum. #paleo
Here was dinner. I managed to get down a burger without too much trouble. It was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment