Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday (not-so-much) Fun

I woke up this morning, stumbled into the bathroom and squinted to read the wod. After I read it, I wanted to go back to bed.

Here's what I saw.

Friday not-so-much fun. #wod #crossfit

How is that supposed to be any fun? Get-ups suck... and 76 of them sucks even more. I, however, don't pick and choose the wods that I want to do. I do what is programmed. So I got dressed and trudged into the box.

I expected this to be hard. Believe me, it was. Not helping was the fact that I've still got bruises on the back of my forearm from the kb c&j earlier this week.

I started off by aiming for 5 reps before switching hands. That worked for about the first half of the get-ups. Not so much for the other half. Those had to be done in 2s and 3s. Finally after about 25 minutes, I made it all the way through. I was way more taxed than I thought I would be. I just laid there for another few minutes before moving. Talk about a whole body workout... that's whole body!!

Hope that everyone has a great weekend!

On a side note, it must be fall now, because after the haze, some fog rolled into IB this afternoon.

Hazy afternoon in IB. #nofilter

No comments:

Post a Comment