Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You know you're crazy when...

...the trainer opening the box is late and you decide that you are going to make up your own workout to do on the sidewalk. Complete with 100m lunges, uphill.

Who does that to themselves? Well, a bunch of us did this morning. We decided that, "hey, we're already here... might as well do something." So we took a lap around the block and commenced lunges. Good thing that our trainer made it after only one length of lunges. I was already dying and my legs shook to whole jog back down the street.

At least we were already warmed up and ready to go for today's WOD!

07Mar WOD
**We subbed 250m row for the run because they started powerwashing the sidewalk outside. I don't know about you, but I don't want any of that sidewalk nastiness being sprayed on me. I hope the homeless guy got a good shower in though.**

AMRAP: 7 rnds + 10 step ups + 10 rings dips + 50m row

After all those lunges, I opted for the 15# kb for the step ups. Glad that I did because the last couple rounds were tough. I was desperately trying to get 8 full rounds done, but as much as I hurried and tried to keep the pace up I couldn't make it. I'm happy with my effort though.

And today was a normal class size again. I don't know what happened yesterday, but A LOT of people decided Tuesday was the day to WOD in the morning or something. There were almost 20 of us! On any normal day the average is maybe about 7. Makes for a pretty good dynamic. We all expect to see each other and get along well. It helps motivate me to get out of bed at 5 am everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment