Tuesday, March 20, 2012

35#? I don't think so!

Woke up to the lovely sight of this posted on facebook:

20MAR WOD

Hmmm... the reps increase in this WOD... must mean that Mark is opening up shop this morning.

Made my way in and standing there in front of the kettlebells I was weighing my options, literally. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do this with the 35# but who was I kidding. That was not going to happen. Maybe, MAYBE if it was only the one round of 15, not this whole workout. For time? I could def get an awesome time if I used the 15#, but that's only cheating myself. I resigned to choosing the 25#. I knew that the first round wouldn't be a problem and boost my confidenct, at least until I got around to the last round. That round I knew would suck. And it did.

The first round went smoothly, no problems. Second round, not so bad... I busted out the pushups again, but had to break up the squats into 15 then the remaining 10. Kb swings... managed to power through that.

gasping for air at this point

Third round. Pushups got broken into 10, 10, and 5. Same for the squats. Followed by more gasps for air... My mind is trying to tell my body to keep going, while my lungs vehemently protest. Kb swings... 10 done, rest, 10 more, rest... the last 15.

My time: 8:18

Thank goodness, I stuck with the 25#! There's always room for improvement.

I stuck around for a bit afterwards to work on my kipping pullups and ring ddips. Some of the guys stuck around and did another mini-WOD consisting of rounds of box jumps.

Crazy people

Post WOD box jumpers

Jumps

I apologize for the less-than-stellar photos... I took these with my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment