Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pull and pull some more

Do you ever have those days when you just feel... bleh? Today was that day for me. At least in the morning. I got plenty of good sleep last night, about 7.5 hours, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it this morning.

Thank goodness it was a lifting day.

03May

Deadlifts are fine by me. They make me feel strong. They also scratch my legs and thighs, but I won't hold a grudge against that. 

Strict pull-ups though, they DO NOT make me feel strong. They make me feel like a wuss because I can strain and try with all my might and not get my chin over that bar. Well, at least I could get a few out with the red band. 

Here's how the rounds worked out for me:
1. 6 pull-ups; 125lb DL
2. 5 pull-ups; 135lb DL
3. 5 pull-ups; 145lb DL
4. 5 pull-ups; 155lb DL
5. 5 pull-ups; 165lb DL

Not bad weights. I was really trying to focus on form for this WOD. I was happy with it. Too bad it just didn't get me going for the day.

On a happier side note, this little ball of love comes home with me tomorrow!!

f6BVfh




















No comments:

Post a Comment