Monday, February 27, 2012

Makeshift Monday

or so Mark calls it... I call it hell on steroids.

Walked up to the box this morning hoping that there wouldn't be as much running during the workout today. I am not a huge fan of running. Well, there wasn't any running (except the one lap warmup), but here's what was written on the board and what dropped all our jaws:

27Feb WOD

Love Mark? No, no. We hate you right now.

Yeah, I could have been ok with two rounds, but three? Are you out of your mind? It's Monday! Ugh. Got started and I don't think I've ever been that consistently out of breath since I stopped playing rugby in college. I started the first round with the 35# kb, but said eff that and for the next two rounds dropped to the 25#. I also haven't got toes to bar yet, so I dealt with knee-ups. Someday I'll get there.

The class dynamic really helps. Inside you are cheering for the others, while secretly doing battle with them. There were three of us all kind of together. At least we were on the same round as one another. In the end, we were the only three that actually finished. The others had to move on so they could get to work and other morning obligations.

My time: 32:10

No comments:

Post a Comment