Friday, February 24, 2012

First Class!!

Yay! So after a hectic week, I was finally able to attend my first class this morning. I was super stoked but nervous at the same time. What if I was super slow? What if I couldn't do all the movements? What if I had to rest?

I was one of the first people to show up for the 6 am class. I hate being late so I actually got there 20 mins early and just chilled out in my car for a bit. I introduced myself to the trainer Christa, who I hadn't met before but like all the others was super nice and helpful. She showed me the WOD... Helen and then helped me get my pull-up band set up. By now, more people were showing up, but I wasn't feeling as nervous. We started the warm-up and Christa introduced myself and another woman as the new people. Everyone was very friendly... my nerves were gone. Now, I was focused on the task at hand.

24FEB12 WOD: Helen<
3 rounds for time:
400m run
21 kb swings
12 pull-ups

My time: 13:20 @ 25#/green

Those runs kill me and I was the slowest, but I still worked hard and was encouraged by everyone else. Can't wait for the next class!

No comments:

Post a Comment