Wednesday, June 13, 2012

(Almost) Helen

This is gonna be a quick one because it's late (for me) and I gotta get some sleep. Would have worked on this earlier, but I spent most of my night keeping an eye on this little one who decided to be a little terror tonight.

Protesting wearing her collar. Poor thing. #corgi #corgistagram #puppy
Don't let that cuteness fool you, it didn't last long!

The WOD this morning I called "Almost" Helen... known at our box as Hell-in. Today, I called it "Almost" because the run portion was shorted 100m. We only did 300m. Hey, I'm not complaining. Helen was the first non-Foundations WOD that I ever did and it sucked. Here's today.

*almost* Helen.

I really wanted to use the 25lb kettlebell today. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, however I was feeling yesterday's deadliest and box jumps a bit. J-Law wouldn't let up though and I grabbed a 35 pounder. Ugh. Getting that thing all the way overhead would be a definite challenge.

Overall, not bad. I got through the first round unbroken and felt good on the run. The second round wasn't as triumphant. Definitely slowed a little on the run and had to break the KBS into 11-10 and pull-ups into 7-5. By the last round, my run was sluggish for the first half though I managed to stride out the last half. Same deal as round 2 with the KBS, but this time the pull-ups went 6-6. 

My time: 11:55

My first attempt at Helen ended at 13:20 and that was with 25lb KBS (eye level only) and the green pull-up band. I would say this morning was a comparable effort. I can't say how much cutting the run down affected my time, but I'm happy with the results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment