Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Jump Around

Today was another of those "it doesn't look so bad" days. Just like every other time too, I was horribly wrong. Guess that I'll never learn. It will always be bad.

My calves are not happy after this #wod. #crossfit

No weights, but tough work nonetheless.

I started the first two rounds not using a band for pull-ups, but I knew that wouldn't last. By the third round I was on the red band. The pull-ups were still a struggle. 30 seconds of max effort, even with pacing, is tough. I was exhausted after 20 seconds and really had to push to get in a couple more reps each time. 

The tuck jumps sucked, but once I got a pace going I felt good. I actually was able to get more reps at the end than in the beginning. Laura made us turn around and face the back wall away from the clock a few rounds in. Except my shin hurts now. Boo!

Lastly, the sit-ups. My game plan was to be consistent. I'm not very fast at doing them, but I held on and managed to get 15 almost every time.

Here's my breakdown at the end of it:
Pull-ups: 154 reps
Tuck jumps: 447 reps
Sit-ups: 158 reps  
Total: 759 reps

I'd say that's not too shabby.

On a side note, I wore my Reebok Crossfit Nanos for the first time today. Not too bad. They definitely need a break in period. I'll do a shoe comparison/review once I get a good feel for these. 

Finally busted these puppies out today for a #wod. #reebok #crossfit #nano! Verdict is still out while I break them in. Not too bad today though. Got me through my tuck jumps!
I got the black and grey ones.

Chillaxin' outside during momz lunch break. #puppy #corgistagram #corgi
Hoku chilling outside this afternoon.

547682_10150880813797153_1954698800_n
Check out this pic that Laura took this morning. My minions!

579263_10150880813737153_540902525_n
Pull-ups!

















No comments:

Post a Comment