Thursday, August 30, 2012

Late night and Soreness

Another late writing session. What a way to end the week. Got out late from work and still had to do errands. Didn't get home until late and still needed to take Hoku for her walk and play/training time. Thank goodness that she is a little ball of joy and actually did really good walking today. At least I am now good and ready for my 4-day weekend! Too bad I don't have big plans... oh and I'm still gonna wake up at 0530 tomorrow morning to wod with the 6 am class. That's dedication. Or obsession. Not sure.

Rewind to the beginning of the day and it was less stressful. I woke up sore this morning. Hmmm... maybe it was the 50 thrusters? Maybe it was the weighted butterfly stretching? I don't know for sure, but I do know that I was sore.

Then this happened:

Called it quits after 6 rounds when my form turned to crap. #wod  #crossfit

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for the option of hang power cleans just so I wouldn't have to do a full squat. I was not that lucky. I strapped on my OLY shoes and got ready to work.

This didn't last that long though. 

6 rounds @ 85 lbs

That's about what I expected. My form turned to crap during that last round and that's how I knew that I had to stop. I was landing on my toes instead of my heels. Not good.

On a better note, I'm more and more getting the hang of butterfly pull-ups. I'm able to get up there, now I have to overcome the sense of fear I get when I realize that while doing these, my face is repeatedly swinging toward the bar. Once I get used to that, maybe I'll string more than a few together at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment