Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dead(tired)

I felt like I slept really well last night, but I was so tired when I woke up this morning. Regardless, I always get pumped for going to the box. I get even more pumped when I know I get to lift heavy things.

Here's what was on the board today.

Deadlift fun this morning. modified the #wod a little so I could go for a 1rm. #crossfit

That's my break down next to it. Instead of doing 5x3, I only did 3 reps in the last round so that I could go for a 1RM. It's been awhile since the last time I found my deadlift max. So long in fact that the last time I found it, my max was 180. Today, I did 185 for 3 reps, so I knew that PR was long gone. 

I kept loading up the weights to see what I could manage. For me, it's all about getting the weight off the ground. The first inch is the hardest. Once it starts moving though, I can almost always get the weight up. 

By the time I got to attempt 205, everyone in class was done and put away and watching me. It was a little nerve racking. Maybe it helped though, because I got the weight up. I was stoked at breaking the 200 barrier. We'll see where I get next.

On a side note, have you seen the Moist Chocolate Zucchini Bread from PaleOMG?? It's divine. I made it last night and ate half the loaf by myself today. Seriously, go to the store, get the stuff, and make it. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment