Monday, October 29, 2012

Grit

I always get excited to head into the box. Even though there is definitely less excitement for wods with running and rowing... and burpee pullups. Today was one of those days that I literally couldn't wait to wake up and get started.

Here's what we had:

Gettin' after it on Monday. #wod #crossfit

I was a little worried about the Rx weight. It was right on the edge of my comfort zone for that many reps. I debated going down a little bit to something I was more confident in, but 155 felt good during warmups, so I stuck with it. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get through all the reps unbroken, but I was okay with that. At least the kb swings I could push through.

I managed to get through the first 10 deadlifts unbroken, but had to halve the reps until I got down to reps of 4 and 2. Most importantly, I kept good form the whole time. I know what it's like to have a sore back from deadlifts and I didn't want that to happen again.

The kb swings went fine and I did manage all those unbroken. It's all in the hips. If it were just arms, those would have been singles. With hips, they were doable.

My time: 4:49 Rx

I'm glad that there was a prescribed weight for this wod. It made me push myself farther than I would have done without it. With no weight listed, I probably would have stuck with something in the bodyweight range. By going out of my comfort zone, I found that I can do more than I think. I was really proud after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment